Header
Respondido

Disable using internet out of EU

Hi all,

Last week this happened to me: I was in Chios, one of the Greek islands. I needed internet and since I received a message that communication in Greece is included (it is part of the EU) I enabled data on my phone in roaming mode.

A few days later, when I moved in Chios to another place, my phone automatically connected to a Turkish antenna, so all of a sudden I was moved from roaming withing the EU to roaming outside EU. I did receive an SMS to warn me about this but I did not see the message until the day after....by that time my phone had already used enough internet to be charged 61.5 euros for non-EU roaming internet use...

I was not so pleased because I never left the island and so never intended to use a Turkish antenna... I have 2 questions:
1) Is there a possibility at NOS to get my money back for this non-EU roaming, as I never wanted to use internet outside of Greece and the EU?
2) I do not want to have the same issue in the future again...say you are in a EU country, so you enable roaming internet on your phone, but then your phone accidentely connects to a non-EU antenna close, I do not want that I am charged 61.5 euros. I would like that this roaming service outside of EU is disabled by default and that I send an SMS or do something if I want to enable the non-EU roaming. This will prevent the problem from happening again in the future. So my 2nd question: can I completely disable non-EU roaming (i.e. paid roaming) on my phone so it will never use internet in a non-EU/payable country?

Thanks!
icon

Melhor resposta por juli89 10 April 2018, 15:04

Ver pergunta inicial

1 Comentário

Reputação 7
Crachá +1
@Bert Van Rillaer it's not possible to block the non EU roaming. you can either block the roaming or not, it's only one thing or the other. to avoid situations like this you can chose the option of manual search of networks.

Comentário