Header

question about cancelling renewing my contract

hi, my contract loyalty period is still for another 11 months, the technician came at the end of december saying that fibre to the home was available now after work they did on our apartment building and to wait a week or two and call in. if i was to upgrade to fibre to the home it would be renewing my contract for a fresh 2 years which is fine for me, i might look into increasing the speed from 200mpbs to 500mpbs if its not too pricey. the problem is that my parents have two cellphones and i have one cellphone, there cellphones are fine, just for mine im required to have 2 sim cards, my primary cellphone number has 2x500mb data plan, and i have a second sim card with 10gb of data, my brother brought me a newish google pixel 4 phone which a lot better then mine now and i would like to use it, but it only has a spot for one sim card. when i asked if they could merge my my 10gb data plan with the sim card that has my cellphone number, they said it was not possible. i dont understand why this is? also if i switch to fibre to the home, the contract renews but they still cannot help me only need one sim card because its a renewal of my current contract not a new one. i was wondering if there was anything i can do to not have to wait 11 months for the contract loyalty period to end and then make a completely new contract?

so long story short, i want to only need one sim card, but apprently need two one for my cell number and one for cellphone data. i also want to switch to fibre to the home and increase internet speed but that only renews contract and doesnt let me make the switch to one sim card for cellphone number and 10gb data that would be possible if my contract ended and i made a new one.

8 Comentários

Reputação 7
Crachá +1

U cant downgrade contracted services, even tho u intend to add more. Only upgrades are valid when u have a loyalty period. 

So the better choice is to let the loyalty end, and ask to cancel the data card, and add more GB to your cellphone card, and all the rest.

um bem haja 

ok interesting, thank you bruno. what if i was to add some data to my cellphone plan, i would then be upgrading that awell as my internet, would that allow me to merge the 2 sim cards?

Reputação 7
Crachá +2

If its expensier .. then it might be possible. Contact customer support. Getting fiber to your home might not be possible, since your service appears already to be fiber. ( HFC).

If its expensier .. then it might be possible. Contact customer support. Getting fiber to your home might not be possible, since your service appears already to be fiber. ( HFC).

well, we had a technician in at the end of december and he said that it wasn’t fibre to the home yet but was only fibre to the node, but that they were doing work to make fibre directly to our apartment unit available. so there would still be a really good difference, especially considering all the channels i pick up when selecting a wifi network ie interferance and what not. but yes i can see if upgrading my cellphone aswell as internet speed would allow me to not have to wait. 

do any official nos support agents have any voice on the matter? im willing to see if i can upgrade my cell phone data amount so i can stop using 2 sim cards and use only 1 sim card with phone number and data on the same sim. 

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Susana scallop,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We’ll assist on analyzing your request.

Please send us a private message to the @Fórum profile with your NOS Costumer Number.

Thank you  

Hello @Susana scallop,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We’ll assist on analyzing your request.

Please send us a private message to the @Fórum profile with your NOS Costumer Number.

Thank you  

hello i have messaged @forum with my customer number, awaiting response.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Good morning, @Susana scallop.

We haven’te received your private message yet.

Please, send it again to the @Fórum profile so we can help you.

Best regards

Comentário