Header
Pergunta

Replace NOS router

Bom dia, sorry to write in english but my Portuguese is still too limited. I wish to replace my NOS power router with my own Asus router and wonder if that is possible? The reason is that I have a smart home setup from IKEA (trådfri) and a speakersystem SONOS and the don't work well with the NOS router. I have been in contact with both IKEA support and SONOS support and we can't make it work well. My guess is that the DNS service in the NOS router is not working well. I have tried to set the NOS router to use fixed ip-adresses but then everything stoped working. I tried to connect my Asus router directly to the fiber modem but the router did not connect to the WAN. What I have done now is to use the Asus router as an access point for Wifi after the NOS router. The Sonos system works now better but still the IKEA system does not. The problem with the IKEA system is that the IKEA gateway, connected to directly to the NOS-router via ethernet constantly disconnect from the LAN. 

5 Comentários

Reputação 7
Crachá +2

I think you need to activate door 4 in aminhanet.nos.pt and use it in bridge mode for your asus router.

Boa tarde Guimas e obrigado! Ok, I could try that!

No, it didn't work well at all. I am totally out of ideas now. I have now gone back to use just the NOS router but it does not work well. Spotify is not working with SONOS and the IKEA smart home system  works very badly. How could I have serious help from NOS? I could not find any e-mail adress for support and I think my problem is to complex to solve over telephone. :disappointed:

Reputação 7
Crachá +2

You wont get help in this case i think. What router do you have? 3.0 / 4.0 / 5.0? 5.0 is known for problems with this special connections. I never tried connecting a router with bridge mode so i cant help with that but thats what people usually do. If you need help its better to check internet/foruns or as NOS will tell you. Call 16991 which is pcmedic which costs 34,9 cents per minute.

Reputação 7
Crachá +6

Welcome to Fórum NOS, @BO GUSTAV DALENIUS.

Please send us a private message with your customer number. 

Comentário