Header
Respondido

General account help

I live in Madeira permanently and have been with NOS for many years. I have been in the UK receiving cancer treatment for the past 6 months and maybe here for the rest of this year.

I received an SMS from NOS about usage etc. I need to keep my NOS number active for when the Hospital in Madeira need to contact me.

Please advise what is the best way of avoiding usage issues whilst I am in the UK. My wife is in Portugal and still uses her NOS account. 

I understand NOS position but I need help in trying to prevent greater problems.

icon

Melhor resposta por Jorge C 10 June 2023, 21:03

Ver pergunta inicial

7 Comentários

Reputação 7

Hello @JAMES EDWARD RAPP,

I understand and I’m sorry for your situation, could you gently explain if the message is related with the usage of data?

Thank you

Nos told me that in the last 120 days my account had little usage and they would start charging me extra. I understand it related to data and calls. 

My account is important to me and if I can change the way I use it whilst in the UK I will. As you understand it is already a stressful time for me. 

Thank you. 

Reputação 7

Probably they are referring to expenses to keep number ative (1,5€ every 2 months) if it is a prepaid plan. Can you provide a screenshot hiding personal information?

Thank you

Reputação 7
Crachá +2

Probably they are referring to expenses to keep number ative (1,5€ every 2 months) if it is a prepaid plan. Can you provide a screenshot hiding personal information?

Thank you

They are refering to: charging extra because of prolonged stay ..

Personally i dont know the best solution, maybe moderators can.

Reputação 7

Nos told me that in the last 120 days my account had little usage and they would start charging me extra. I understand it related to data and calls. 

My account is important to me and if I can change the way I use it whilst in the UK I will. As you understand it is already a stressful time for me. 

Thank you. 

If the use of mobile data was mostly roaming, the surcharge is applied.

So that you can better understand roaming, suggest consulting the NOS website.

Please share with us if you still have any doubts. We are always available to help.

Thank you

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @JAMES EDWARD RAPP,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The community gave a good help clarifying this matter.

When you stay for prolonged times outside national territory different tariffs are applied.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

Big thanks to the forum for helping me. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Comentário