Header

The unpleasant expericene with the eSim activation

In my opinion, NOS absolutely does not understand the concept of eSIM. I had an unpleasant situation when my old phone stopped working and I needed to restore access to banking applications that are tied to the NOS number. Unfortunately, my number was on the eSIM and I was absolutely sure that I could simply scan the QRODE as I had done this many times with other operators. But to my surprise, I could not do this with the NOS number. Okay, I thought that this is not a problem and, most likely, I can generate new code in the application or on the website. Oh you know what? To enter the application you need to enter the CODE FROM SMS TO YOUR NUMBER THAT YOU WANT TO RESTORE. Okay, this is stupid, of course, but I decided that the NOS store would help me. And you know what? THEY ARE OUT OF QRCODE. OUT OF. QRCODES. New ones will arrive in 5 days. Same situation at another store. Okay, this was starting to piss me off, but I decided that I could still restore my number on a regular SIM card. And guess what? THEY ARE OUT OF SIM CARDS! New ones will arrive in 3 days. As a result, I was without access to my number for 5 days! 5 days, Karl! Spanish shame, one of the largest operators in Portugal is stuck in the 90s!

4 Comentários

Reputação 7

Hello @Istomin Aleksandr,

I understand your frustration with the situation you experienced with NOS regarding eSIMs.

It seems there was a lack of preparation on their part to handle such cases effectively, especially with the unavailability of QR codes and SIM cards.

You will find official information regarding eSIM and SIM on the following website.

Pedir e ativar a 2.ª via do cartão SIM e eSIM | NOS

Thank you

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Istomin Aleksandr,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback regarding this matter.

The transfer of the eSIM is relatively easy, although it requires the removal os the eSIM from the previous device before activating it in the new one.

We’re sorry to hear that the NOS Store didn't had stock for this. We can also recommend you going to another NOS Store close to you, if there is any other available in the proximity. 
You can find a NOS Store close to you here.  

Learn more about the eSIM through our article:

Thank you

Thank you for your response but the thing that I visited two stores namely Rio Sul and Almada forum with the same result.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Istomin Aleksandr,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience this situation may have caused.

The request and activation of the eSIM needs to be done physically, in a NOS Store, unfortunately.

We’re sorry that we aren’t able to further assist in this issue.  🙁

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you 

Comentário