Header
Respondido

Telefone 2 activation on router

Currently I have the NOS router that has telfone lines 1 and 2. I cannot figure out how to activate the telfone 2 jack. I have 2 different phones in my house that goes to different parts of the house and I would like to activate the 2nd line. I want the same phone number on both lines so they can work together. I have tried switching the phone lines around on the router but the only one that works is Telefone 1, Telefone 2 does not connect. How do I resolve this? Thank you.

icon

Melhor resposta por Guimas 31 January 2023, 16:14

Ver pergunta inicial

7 Comentários

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Currently I have the NOS router that has telfone lines 1 and 2. I cannot figure out how to activate the telfone 2 jack. I have 2 different phones in my house that goes to different parts of the house and I would like to activate the 2nd line. I want the same phone number on both lines so they can work together. I have tried switching the phone lines around on the router but the only one that works is Telefone 1, Telefone 2 does not connect. How do I resolve this? Thank you.

Good afternoon, line 1 is the free line offered by NOS, line 2 has to be activated and has a cost.
You have all the information in the link below.https://www.nos.pt/particulares/telefone/Paginas/telefone-pacotes-fibra.aspx#tab3

I can understand if I want 2 independent lines, but I do not want that, I want them to be both the same, there should be no extra cost for this.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

I can understand if I want 2 independent lines, but I do not want that, I want them to be both the same, there should be no extra cost for this.

In that case, just use a plug that connects to the router and has two outputs. It is to experience.
Reputação 7
Crachá +2

If you want the same number you gotta connect both to line1. Line2 is deactivated. You gotta use phone sockets for that, usually called “ rede rita “.

So use a telphone splitter rather than the 2 lines on the router. Sounds like the best course of action, not the smartest, but it is a solution.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5
Yes, the router only provides 1 free line, there are plugs with one input on the router and two outputs.
Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Randy Phillips,

Thank you for sharing your question with the community.

@Jose Rodrigues and @Guimas gave a good help in this matter.

Please share with us if you have any further questions.

Thank  you 

Comentário