Header
Pergunta

We have NOSTV for more than one week. This evening we were prevented in accessing programs with message that we must be in Portugal or in EU. We are in Lisbon. What is causing this? How can we fix this?

We have NOSTV for more than one week.  This evening we were prevented in accessing programs with message that we must be in Portugal or in EU.  We are in Lisbon.  What is causing this?  How can we fix this?

9 Comentários

Reputação 7
Crachá +2

Check if the country in your equipment says “ portugal “

I find no country location in my computer or my wife’s computer.  These devices have only been in our Lisbon apartment since arriving and since signing up with NOS TV one week ago.  We have enjoy watching NOS TV for that time.  Suddenly the service ends.  I got a NOS TV service call at (AM as promised.  After hearing my problem the tech went to chedk with other colleagues on my problem.  I was waiting at least five minutes then a different recorded voice came on line (speaking Portuguese) and the call cut off.  No call back from the NOS private number..  Is there anyone with an answer to either issue?  No access due to not being in Portugal or EU when I am in Lisbon?   And NOS call being cut short?

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Len Raney,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We’ll assist you in this matter.

Are you currently using any VPN service in your computer? 

Please tell us what type of internet connection are you using to access the NOS TV

Thank you

I recently activated long-held VPN to access a specific application.  I will need to from time-to-time access it again.  Was that the problem? 

The VPN is not active now but I am still not able to access NOS TV programs. 

We are using your NOS internet.

Thank you.

Len

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Len Raney,

Thank you for your feedback.

Your phone number has been removed from the comment to protect that information.

Using VPN’s can affect the application performance. We aske that you try disconnecting the VPN service and try accessing again to NOS TV here through an anonymous browser. 

Please tell us if that fixed the issue.

Thank you 

Thank you for removing phone number.  I was not thinking.

Thank you!  My VPN is not active now and we do now have access to NOS TV

In the future, I must access the VPN to access certain specific applications in the USA.  Does your solve mean I cannot access NOS TV and this VPN simultaneously or am I now restricted from using the VPN at all?

Again, thank you for the solution thus far.

Len

Reputação 7
Crachá +4

Thank you for removing phone number.  I was not thinking.

Thank you!  My VPN is not active now and we do now have access to NOS TV

In the future, I must access the VPN to access certain specific applications in the USA.  Does your solve mean I cannot access NOS TV and this VPN simultaneously or am I now restricted from using the VPN at all?

Again, thank you for the solution thus far.

Len

You cannot.

You have to disconnect VPN everytime you want acess NOSTV.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Len Raney,

Thank you for your feedback.

The NOS TV App is only available in Portugal and other countries that are part of the European Union.

It’s possible that the VPN is masking your IP address with one from outside the EU. Because of this we recommend always disconnecting the VPN when you want to access the NOS TV App. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We’re always glad to help.

Thank you

Thank you.  That did solve the issue. 

Comentário