Header
Respondido

slow internet

Hello,
i have a very slow and unstable internet connection in the area of Santa Clara a Velha (https://goo.gl/maps/L5BwdXDv3y12) since last saturday. LTE quality is good, ping is good too, but if i make some traffic ping is going up to a few seconds.

Is NOS working in this area or is something broken? Do you know how long the problems will exist?

Thank you and regards, Jorn
icon

Melhor resposta por Mário P. 22 March 2019, 10:27

Ver pergunta inicial

10 Comentários

Reputação 7
Crachá +6
Welcome to Forum NOS @Jorn Raffel :)

NOS is working on the expansion of network 4G.
However, for the moment, the available network at your address is 3G. We will need to check your SIM card settings with you.
Please check how to get in touch with us here.
Reputação 4
Crachá +1
Hello,
i have a very slow and unstable internet connection in the area of Santa Clara a Velha (https://goo.gl/maps/L5BwdXDv3y12) since last saturday. LTE quality is good, ping is good too, but if i make some traffic ping is going up to a few seconds.

Is NOS working in this area or is something broken? Do you know how long the problems will exist?

Thank you and regards, Jorn

In the place that indicates only 2G and 3G coverage. There is no 4G coverage as you can see in the pictures.

It will have to wait another few months, approximately 3 to 6 months until you have 4G in that zone. Provision will be made in the 800 MHz and 2100 MHz bands.

2G coverage

3G coverage

Hi,
thanks for the answers. but i do have a 4G connection.. (?)
Anyway, the network now seems to be more stable.
Regards, Joern

ps: signal strength normally goes up to 87db.
Reputação 4
Crachá +1
Hi,
Regards, Joern

Reputação 4
Crachá +1
Hi,
Regards, Joern

Without absolute certainty, but the little LTE signal that arrives there seems to be from Lagoa.

Lagoa is more than 30km away as the crow flies, and even with my Iphone 7 i got a LTE signal.. Are you sure that the maps are correct?
Reputação 4
Crachá +1
Lagoa is more than 30km away as the crow flies, and even with my Iphone 7 i got a LTE signal.. Are you sure that the maps are correct?

Hi Jorn,

Can you send me the LAC / TAC and CellID of the Cell that picks up the LTE / 4G so I can check if I can find out where it picks up from?

I've been checking in my notes and there are very few or very rare sites in this area with 4G, it is very likely that the signal that arrives there is very far.
Hi Akryl,

sry for the delay. I tried to get tin Santa Clara an LTE signal and are right, there is only 3G. I now aligned the antenna to direction Monchique and the RSSI is at -77 dBm.

i only got the Cell ID which is 139019, do you know how to read the LAC / TAC on a Linux System? Is there some /proc info etc?

thank you again an regards, Joern
I live in Sao Bras and get reasonable speed during hte day but in the evening and weekends its poor. However, today (11/08/2019) it's pathetic!! I am currently registering 0.08ish on a speed test.

This is well below the acceptable threshold, is NOS aware of any issues in the area?

Sorry, just to be clear, that's internet speed I am referring to
Reputação 7
Crachá +6
Hello @Ian Lowe ,

In order to help you, please send us your client number or your taxpayer number by private message.

We'll look forward to your message 🙂 .

Thank you.

Comentário