Header
Respondido

I cannot reach 192.168.1.1 to change the Router configuration

Hello,

i have a new installation today and was unable to use a browser (IE or Chrome) to get to the default IP address (192.168.1.19 to make some changes to the subnet mask.

My home network has a class C subnet (192.168.0.0/16) which I use a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. This allows me to use different subnet for different servers. This has worked all over the world and with all providers. I just reconfigure the subnet mask using their web tool.

But today, neither the techie nor myself can reach the web page for the default gateway (192.168.1.1), which is the normal address of the router. I also used the http://zonhub.home and it has the same error.

Error 404

The router just will not bring up the router configuration page. Even the techie could not do it.

So, what do I need to do?

Many thanks

Mark
Quarteira
--
icon

Melhor resposta por C24XXXX201 16 February 2018, 01:40

Ver pergunta inicial

9 Comentários

Note: the IP address for the default gateway is 192.168.1.1. I made a typo with .19. Sorry.

And the Internet works fine and the speed is 200mb, so no issues. Just cannot reconfig.

Thanks.
Here is some more information:

I enter this into the browser address bar, as instructed : https://aminhanet.nos.pt/

This is what I receive in the browser:

"O seu pacote cliente não permite aceder a este serviço. Para mais informação selecione aqui."

So, I click "aqui" and it takes me to only some router information page.

Do I need to register theRouter myself under my logon name?

I also downloaded the iPhone NOS Net app and it does the same thing.

Does NOS need to set a flag in their system or something?

No idea.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks.
Hi @Mark-Allen Perry, In order to access the management page of the Wi-Fi Router 4.0 it is necessary to have its associated service registered in Your Client Area .

Are You a new custumer?
Sometimes, when a custumer just changes the package/service subscribed, the old package/service remains registered in its Client Area and that could prevent the registering of the new one. In this case, You'll nead to ask assistance in order to solve. Just call 16990.
>> In order to access the management page of the Wi-Fi Router 4.0 it is necessary to have its associated service registered in Your Client Area .

>> Are You a new custumer? Yes, I am.
>> In this case, You'll nead to ask assistance in order to solve. Just call 16990.

Ok, I will call them now and check.

Many thanks.
Ok, super. Got access to the configuration on the Router. You were correct, I needed to register. Call NOS and nice lady helped me.

Then I could not change the default gateway IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1.

So, I called NOS tech support and someone will call me back. But I will also submit that question here, to see if someone can tell me how to change the default gateway IP.

Thanks again and have a great day.
Hello all,

Now that I have access to the Router 4.0 configuration, I am trying to change the router IP address (default gateway) from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1.

On my old Internet router, the IP was 192.168.0.1, so all my servers, workstations, and laptops have this address (192.168.0.1) in their IP configuration. To change this is possible, but it would take a LONG TIME, even with a script. And require a reboot for each machine, and in the correct order.

Doable, yes. But it would take at least the entire weekend.

In the LAN configuration area, I was able to change the subnet mask from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0, because I have many different subnets. That change was accepted.

But when I try to change the "Endereço IP" to 192.168.0.1, I receive this error:

"Preencher o campo: ip_address , erro: Endereço de IP inválido 192.168.0.1"

But for a normal network, 192.168.0.1 is a VALID address. But maybe the NOS Router 4.0 does not allow this.

Can someone tell me if what I want to do is even possible? If not, then I keep it the same and start changing my systems (ugh....). But if it is possible, then how do I do it?

Many thanks.
Mark
Reputação 3
Crachá
Yes, it is possible:
Go to aminhanet.nos.pt and manage there:
Click on "Mapa de rede"
Configurar (in front of Ethernet) and... Voilá :)

Reputação 3
Crachá
Or you can simply use another router to manage your internet connected to the port 4 of the NOS router (configured as bridge).
Reputação 7
Crachá +5
Welcome to Fórum NOS, @Mark-Allen Perry. :)

@C24XXXX201 and @Joao Matos were a great help. 🙂 Were you able to configure you IP adress?
We attached both your topics. This way we garantee the organization of the information.

Comentário