Header

I can't pay 924 euro invoice

Hello, 

I have been using NOS Internet for years, recently, like 3 months ago, I got my first mobile from NOS store by paying 441.99 as an initial payment and rest to pay 42 euros every month for 24 months. 

I went to buy another mobile for my wife and since she is not a NOS customer, and I know I have to be a least 2 years of contract with NOS before I quit,  so I already finished my contract term and NOS customer support in NOS store in Oriente, ask me to transfer the service on my wife name and once she has 6 months of paid bills she can have a mobile on installment as well. 

Now, a few days ago I did receive a bill with her name on it which I paid already, but I recieve a bill of 924 euros on my name today :) 

I called support line and explained the situation and they offered me a solution that I can pay 300 and some euros as in advance and pay the rest I think 50 euros every month for 11 months. 
If I knew this is going to happen I would NEVER do that.

now I have few ask, 

1. Why did your people in NOS store put me in trouble by giving this option, they should have informed me before that incase of transfer of service this situation will come up. 
  2. NOS should have denied the tranfer when moving service on my wife NIF or should have transferred mobile installments with service on her name as well. 
  3. Now I can’t pay that huge amount what should I do ? I am prepared to pay 42 euros every month, if you want I can revert the service back to my NIF. 

13 Comentários

Reputação 7

Hello there @Babar Arshad, welcome to the Forum NOS.

“As a consumer, you have a period of 14 consecutive days, counting from the date of the celebration of contract, during which you can freely cancel it free of charge, without having to give a reason (right of free withdrawal or right of withdrawal).”

Source: ANACOM

If you changed the contract less than 14 days ago, you can request its reversal to the previous conditions. I advice you to wait for moderation team reply here.

Thank you

Reputação 7
Crachá

You have clearly been abused by that store employee, you should go to the store, ask the employee identity and file a policial complaint.

There is no logical steps to get you on this kind of trouble.

@Jorge C thank you for the reply! Yes I think that would be great if I can reverse it back on Previous conditions, I did transfer on April 18th so not sure if its 14 business days. 

Reputação 7
Crachá

@Jorge C thank you for the reply! Yes I think that would be great if I can reverse it back on Previous conditions, I did transfer on April 18th so not sure if its 14 business days. 

There are not 14 business days, are just 14 days, but you have been trully scammed.

@Utilizador123456 Well, I wouldn’t say she abused, may be she doesn’t know either. I forgot her name as well. I am not going to police, mistakes can happen its normall. Hope NOS can give me a solution to this problem.

Reputação 7
Crachá

@Utilizador123456 Well, I wouldn’t say she abused, may be she doesn’t know either. I forgot her name as well. I am not going to police, mistakes can happen its normall. Hope NOS can give me a solution to this problem.

Well, maybe you have a light experience with NOS, but with they try to scam me any time and by the posts in this @Fórum you can see that non portuguese speak custumers usually get worst treatment.
I’m pretty sure the employee knew that cancel a contract before the 24 months would automatically send you a penalty bill.
You can go to store so they solve the problem friendly, yet im pretty sure you where scammed, even before the cancellation you would have to be warned of that penalty, there is no way the NOS employee didnt saw that to inform you.

If it was just a big mistake as you think It was, NOS will have no problem to revert it, but I would not put my cards on that. 

Reputação 7

Good afternoon @Babar Arshad,

Maybe it is, maybe not, lets ask the the opinion of the moderation team

@Fórum because they work for NOS and only they can give the official reply.

Thank you

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Babar Arshad,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As said in the General terms of contract for this type of purchase, you cannot change te titularity for duration of the contract. 

https://www.nos.pt/outros/termos-e-condicoes/compra-online-a-prestacoes?accordionid=ui-id-1

I. OBJETO; (iv) que o Cliente não altera a titularidade do Serviço Contratado durante toda a vigência do presente contrato de venda de Equipamento em prestações.

In order for us to be able to help analyze this matter, please send us a private message to the @Fórum profile with your NOS Costumer Number.

Thank you 

@João H.  

If I can’t change the duration of the contract why they cut and transferred the contract ? anyway I need a solution, I can’t pay 924 euros. 

I did send private messgase as you said and there is no response on that. and today this messge. 

Evite a cobranca judicial e custos adicionais. Pague os valores em divida dos servicos NOS, via MB Way, App NOS, Homebanking ou no Multibanco: Ent 21579 Ref 130815371 Valor 924 Eur. Info: App NOS ou 931699000/16990 (custo nos.pt/linhas)

what’s going on ? 

Reputação 7
Crachá

@João H.  

If I can’t change the duration of the contract why they cut and transferred the contract ? anyway I need a solution, I can’t pay 924 euros. 

I did send private messgase as you said and there is no response on that. and today this messge. 

Evite a cobranca judicial e custos adicionais. Pague os valores em divida dos servicos NOS, via MB Way, App NOS, Homebanking ou no Multibanco: Ent 21579 Ref 130815371 Valor 924 Eur. Info: App NOS ou 931699000/16990 (custo nos.pt/linhas)

what’s going on ? 

Adding for your trouble now NOS changed the terms so only after 1 year you can buy another phone, you have been really SCAMMED, and also almost 1 month and no answer from @Fórum its another bad signal. 🤑

@Utilizador123456 yes I mean not one accepting the calls, one who accept can’t talk in English and just asking NIF and putting on long hold. 

looks like you are right, I have been scammed.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Babar Arshad,

We apologize for the situation.

We’re analyzing this matters next to a NOS specialized team. We’ll reply to your private message as soon as possible.

Thank you 

@João H.  thanks for nothing. 

I just paid 369 euro and rest to pay in 12 months 46.25. Thanks NOS for making me trouble. you win the hack 

Now I am sure you must have some sort of agreement where my wife signed(we don’t know any) right ?.  when we change the contract from my name to her name. tell me how can I get rid of NOS? I want move to another ISP may be Vodafone or someone better. 

Comentário