Skip to main content

How can I get some help in English with my account.

Good afternoon @Norman Mazure,

Please state your questions, comments, or concerns.

Thank you

1. I have a direct debit on my account. It was due to be paid on 19th June. It is correct. I have no notice of failed payment. I then got fined €3 for late payment and paid manually. I want to find out why? Can you repay the €3 and if there is something missing in what I have done let me know and make the process clearer on site.
  2. I do not understand why you do not help English Speaking customers through your phone lines.  Portuguese is a very challenging language and you have a lot of English speakers living here, ti surely makes good business sense.. You could add an option to phone lines for English speakers and then provide a call back service or you could provide an email link for English speakers.   

I started new thread with more info. Pleases close this one. 

Waiting for reply? Not sure how to follow replies.

Hello @Norman Mazure,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We’ll assist you in this matter.

We’ve moved your replies here for better organization.

Please send us a private message to the @Fórum profile with your NOS Costumer Number.

Thank you 

I have received 2 voicemail messages. When I try to retrieve them I get the message telling me to set a password and greeting. I click on “Set Up” and I’m prompted to enter a 4 digit password, which I do. Then I’m prompted to re-enter the password, which I do. It then says that it is saving the password. After about 1 minute I get the message “Voicemail Error, try again later”. This has been going on for weeks. I tried to navigate the 16990 number but as it’s entirely in Portuguese it’s impossible to get to speak to a human being. Can someone contact me by phone/email to sort this out? Secondly, Is there a way to get to mobile technical help in English through 16990? What numbers do I need to hit when the voice comes on the line?

Good night @ALAN LYSAGHT,

I translated for you this page with the voice mail setup here.

Good luck

Thank you Jorge. I have tried these steps but it hasn’t worked. Purely by luck I managed to hit the right buttons and spoke to someone at the help line who said it was a problem on NOS end. He said he fixed it and I should restart my phone and the problem would be solved. I did it but it still won’t work. I have tried again to get help but gave up after 20 minutes of blindly pushing buttons on the help line.  It appears that NOS has to fix the problem but I don’t know how to contact someone who speaks English. 

Hello @ALAN LYSAGHT,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Please send us a private message to the @Fórum profile with your cellphone number.

Thank you

Ola, I have an NOS contract that expires in September 2024. I don’t want to renew it. Do I need to give notice? 

Ola, I have an NOS contract that expires in September 2024. I don’t want to renew it. Do I need to give notice? 

i would recommend 40 days before the final day if you want to cancel. If you dont want to renew you dont have to do anything

i would recommend 40 days before the final day if you want to cancel. If you dont want to renew you dont have to do anything

Thanks for your reply. This is an internet / tv package for my house. I was told it autorenews unless I cancel it and return the dish. Is this not correct? Thank you

Thanks for your reply. This is an internet / tv package for my house. I was told it autorenews unless I cancel it and return the dish. Is this not correct? Thank you

No, You can keep the service, make the same monthly payment but .. you can now cancel it anytime you want.

Hello @DARIEN CHARLES HARRIS,

Thank you for reaching out to us. @Guimas gave a good help clarifying.

The contract only auto-renews for periods of 30 days, after your loyalty period is over.

Thank you

Comentário