Header
Respondido

Fibre router dropping packets

Hello

My fibre connection has been suffering from 20-50% packet loss for the last few days, before that the link has been rock solid for 12 months.   The internet is almost unusable.

I have tried all the usual stuff (reboots, disconnecting all lan appliances etc) without success, so I think the problem is either with the router or the NOS network.

Does anybody have any suggestions ?

icon

Melhor resposta por Guimas 17 February 2023, 16:53

Ver pergunta inicial

5 Comentários

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @AndyWhit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We’ll assist you in this matter.

Is the service installed FTTH or Satellite? Please tell us which model of router do you have installed.

Thank you 

Hi John

It looks like someone has just done something at your end (around 14:20).  Notice the packet loss stops.   There are a  few dropped packets since (nothing major) and a disconnect but is looking good now. 

I did send a private message with my account details earlier, so maybe someone has actioned it.

Any idea what the problem was?

Reputação 7
Crachá +2

From what i see your optical fiber signals are perfectly fine. Might have been a general problem but i doubt. Even if you sent the message nothing was done.

A coincidence then.    

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @AndyWhit,

Thank you for your feedback regarding this issue. 

Please tell us if the situation persists so we can further analyze what the root cause might have been.

Thank you   

Comentário