Header

Are you seriously trying to scam us all?

It seems like I too am joining the list of people that NOS is trying to scam.

I purchased a 4G router last Friday (28-04-2023) from the shop at NOS and signed the contract claiming that I will get 100Mbps. The guy at the shop said they had no way to check the coverage in my address. So I went back home and connected the router and I was only getting 2Mbps! I went to the shop first thing the next morning to return the router and I was told they don’t accept returns of equipment but someone will call me to cancel my contract.

I waited until Monday until I received a call, which was an answering machine that had me listening to music for more than 30 minutes until I couldn’t take it anymore so I pressed the number 8 for them to call me back.

Next day I started receiving calls again, but as soon as I pick up they play some music and then hang up the phone.

I tried calling them and they said they will connect me to someone who speaks English, but after a while they hang up again.

Today (04-05-2023), I tried one more time to call them. This time they managed to connect me to someone who speaks English and he said he needs to connect me to the cancellation department, but there is a waiting time so I can choose either for them to call me back, or wait in line. He seemed very reluctant to connect me but I said I will wait in line. So he connects me and after a few minutes they hang up again.

From what I’m reading in other recent posts, this is quite common practice from NOS:

Can you be a decent company and do the right thing? How do you expect to get customers if you cannot even provide a basic service or be honest?

You claim 100Mbps to trap me into a contract and then you are avoiding my calls to prevent me from cancelling it? How are you still allowed to operate like this?

Please resolve this immediately.

Alexandros Baramilis 11 meses atrás

Just writing an update here for potential future readers.

Someone called finally yesterday and asked me to wait on the line until they familiarise themselves with the case, then they passed me to technical support because they need to verify that there is no technical resolution so the cancellation can proceed without charges. The guy picked up from technical support and said someone who speaks better english will call you back. I thought no one will call back and they’re wasting my time again, but someone did call back this time, very friendly and with very good English. We did a speed test to verify the slow speed and he put a report in the system that there is no resolution to this problem and the cancellation can proceed without charges. He asked me to go to the NOS shop and request and sign the cancellation papers and state technical issues as the reason. The last part is essential so you don’t have to pay any penalties. So I did that today and I hope everything is resolved now.

P.S. I don’t think I mentioned it here, but some people from reddit recommended to file a complaint at livroreclamacoes.pt and that they will have 15 days to respond. I did that 12 days ago so I don’t know if that’s why I finally got a response, but it’s probably worth trying if anyone is facing similar issues in the future.

Ver pergunta inicial

32 Comentários

And another one:

Is it true that we have a 15 day cancellation period for the contract?

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Alexandros Baramilis,

We’re sorry to hear you’re not being able to fully enjoy our internet service.

We’ll assist you on solving this matter. 

Please send us a private message to the @Fórum profile with your NOS Costumer Number.

Thank you

I just spent another pleasant hour in the NOS shop.

Not even the shop assistant could cancel it after being on the phone with multiple people for one hour.

At least they picked up the phone for him.

They said I have to go home and plug in my router and then call them. Another great excuse.

So I am home now, I called them, they say it’s not possible to do it right now and they will call me in an hour.

Let’s see, will they do it this time or is it another lie?

Hi @João H., I sent you a message.

From the contract:

“Em caso de discrepância contínua com os débitos indicados, aplica-se o direito de livre resolução, sem prejuízo da apresentação de soluções alternativas.”

Translated:

In the event of continuous discrepancy with the indicated debits (speeds), the right of free termination applies, without prejudice to the presentation of alternative solutions.

And if I’m reading this correctly, from their terms of service, there is a 14 day right of withdrawal:

https://www.nos.pt/outros/condicoes-da-oferta-do-servico/general-and-specific-conditions-of-service?accordionid=ui-id-11

@João H. instead of deleting my messages, how about you spend your time better in allowing a customer to exercise his rights? Just for your information, I’m keeping records.

Here’s my deleted message again:

Same problem here. They trapped me into a contract promising me 100Mbps and after I went home and was only getting 2Mbps they’ve been hanging up the phone every time I try to cancel.

If you guys found any solution please let me know.

Not 100Mbps

Of course no one called back so I called again. Same story, someone will call you back in an hour. I tell them this is what you tell me every time and no one calls back. Anyway, I am waiting for another hour, I don’t have anything better to do with my life.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Thank you for your message.

We’ve moved one of your comments to this post where we’re already following up on this issue. 

Please keep the conversation in the same topic since we already replied you’re message here also.

Messages repeating the same matter in different topics are considered spam and will be deleted to keep the community organized and easy for everyone to consult information.

We’ll assist you on solving this situation. We’ve received you private message and will reply to it as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your understanding 

This time someone did call back speaking English, but they said they’re from the technical support so they need to connect me to an English speaking colleague from the cancellations department. The colleague from cancellations spoke English but for some reason didn’t want to talk to me and is now trying to connect me again to someone else? Anyway, waiting again...

Someone picked up speaking English, but again they can’t do the job and need to transfer me to someone else.

The someone else doesn’t speak English and needs to transfer me again.

This is getting so weird.

I’ll keep posting updates here. Maybe you guys can use this thread to organise yourselves?

The lady that spoke English picked up again and said I talked with you before right? I need to connect you again.

I feel like I’m playing roulette now. They’re just randomly passing calls to each other and no ones knows what’s going on.

A guy picked up now speaking English. He can see my cancellation request but he can’t cancel it because he’s from the billing department. He needs to transfer me to the cancellation department. I thought that’s what I was waiting 30 minutes for.

And they hung up again.

Another well spent 40 minutes playing roulette on the phone.

Reputação 7
Crachá

If the costumer service horrible in portuguese I can only imagine in english 🤣

Good morning, making another attempt at calling the dreaded number.

A friendly guy picked up this time. I asked him in Portuguese to connect me to the English cancellations department and he replied to me in English. He asked if he can help with connections issues but I insisted that I want to cancel within my 14 days right of cancellation. He’s connecting me to the department now.

Again the same story, there is no one available speaking English, we will call you back.

I’m going to the shop again.

Went to the shop. They acknowledge that I have 14 days right to cancel, they just say that by going through technical support instead the paperwork is faster.

I insisted that they call them because I’m unable to get anyone to help me (spent 4 hours yesterday trying), so they called the technical support and the guy said there is no need for tests because it’s already on track for cancellation, they are just waiting for internal authorization and someone will call me today.

Reputação 7

You can upload the documentation online through Área de Cliente NOS

See more detailed information on how to do it in our article:

In alternative you can deliver de documents in any NOS Store close to you.

Thank you

Hi @Jorge C 

What documents? There is no such option in my pedido:

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Thank you for your feedback. We’re following up on this matter.

There is no need to provide any documentation.

You will receive a call from the cancelations department to go forward with the process. 

Thank you for your understanding

Of course no one called back again today, as I was promised by both the customer service AND the shop assistant.

Nothing but lies from everyone at NOS since the first day I stepped into their shop.

Comentário