Respondido

Telephone not working. How to fix it?

Hi!
I recently moved apartments and when NOS came to connect the internet/tv/telephone to my new apartment the technician told me that the fixed telephone will start working within 2 days.

I got a message on my mobile phone yesterday, that my fixed telephone number (they gave me a new one for the new apartment) is functioning, but still I have no line and as of today 4 days have passed since the technician came to the house.

I tried to call the appoio de cliente; unfortunately there is no option to choose in the automatic option at the beginning of the call so as to speak with someone in English; so after 14 minutes of holding on line until someone who could speak english could help me, I hang up, because the call has a cost and I was calling from the office.

Can anyone help me?

PS: I have already checked the hardware connection, the power supply and rebooted the modem, so plz do not consider these as possible solutions. I think the problem is not on my apartment's side...
icon

Melhor resposta por MARTINHO 20 Março 2017, 12:29

You can try reaching them again so they can replace the older one I think.

Something like that happened to me in the past. Mine just got wet in the Winter and also started malfunctioning, but when I asked the support they replaced it.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the problem was solved.
See you next time!
Ver pergunta inicial

4 Comentários

Reputação 5
Crachá +1
Hello Ignacio,

This is a really bad situation.
I can't see any better solution than calling for the Support Phone Line, even if it got paying taxes while you wait. The best advice I can give you is to avoid the "night-schedule" hours, call on the afternoon or something and the wait should be really lower than the usual.

The line is 16990

I really hope that your problem gets solved!
The problem was solved, after I found out that the technician who came to our house had added a splitter-hub in the connection between the router and the phone, so as to facilitate the use of a second phone device in the future.

It appeared that the hub was the source of the problem, because when I removed it everything functioned as normal; I will not be able to use 2 phone devices, but at least I can use one...
Reputação 5
Crachá +1
You can try reaching them again so they can replace the older one I think.

Something like that happened to me in the past. Mine just got wet in the Winter and also started malfunctioning, but when I asked the support they replaced it.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the problem was solved.
See you next time!
Thanks for your comments Martinho!

Comentário