Header
Respondido

Telephone not working. How to fix it?

Hi!
I recently moved apartments and when NOS came to connect the internet/tv/telephone to my new apartment the technician told me that the fixed telephone will start working within 2 days.

I got a message on my mobile phone yesterday, that my fixed telephone number (they gave me a new one for the new apartment) is functioning, but still I have no line and as of today 4 days have passed since the technician came to the house.

I tried to call the appoio de cliente; unfortunately there is no option to choose in the automatic option at the beginning of the call so as to speak with someone in English; so after 14 minutes of holding on line until someone who could speak english could help me, I hang up, because the call has a cost and I was calling from the office.

Can anyone help me?

PS: I have already checked the hardware connection, the power supply and rebooted the modem, so plz do not consider these as possible solutions. I think the problem is not on my apartment's side...
icon

Melhor resposta por MARTINHO 20 March 2017, 12:29

Ver pergunta inicial

9 Comentários

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @IVONNY MARGARET ROSE SHENTON,

We apologize for the situation you describe. We’ll assist in resolving this matter.

As suggested by @Jose Rodrigues, please send us a private message to the @Fórum profile, with your costumer number.

Thank you

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

No. Client CXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It is not in your interest to disclose your private data in public, you must send it by private message to the profile@Fórum.
click here
  carregue aqui.

No. Client C******** - Ivonny Margaret Rose Shenton

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

This is a copy of an email I sent to the only email contact I found for NOS..... Only to be emailed back saying... This was not the email for customer care.... Advised to refer to app or ring 16990.... Done both and achieved nothing.. 

What a load of unhelpful rubbish... I have never ever known such poor customer service and such an obstructive company with regard to solving problems. If it wasn't for the 'contract' I would most certainly be moving my business to another company. 

I most certainly will not be recommending NOS... To anybody 

Regarding Fixed telephone line not working

With reference to the above account and the fixed telephone line.  I have been in contact with your company on many occasions regarding this facility not working.  I have been advised to go to the Braga shop, ring you directly etc etc. This has been a continuing situation with yourselves since the begining of May.

I am very dissatisfied with the customer service and lack of help.

The fixed phone line is NOT working and has not been for the last 7 months.

Taking everything into consideration, I wish to follow the formal complaints procedure.

I expect immediate attention to repair and rectify this....

1.  An engineer to look into the matter

2.  Compensation for the inconvenience caused and compensation for the non usable fixed telephone line.

Good evening, so that the Forum moderators can offer their help, you should send your NOS customer number by private message to the@Fórum  profile and wait for a technical team to contact you, who will check and solve the landline problem, however if the wire is properly on line 1 of the router and reset to the router to see if resolved.

This is a copy of an email I sent to the only email contact I found for NOS..... Only to be emailed back saying... This was not the email for customer care.... Advised to refer to app or ring 16990.... Done both and achieved nothing.. 

What a load of unhelpful rubbish... I have never ever known such poor customer service and such an obstructive company with regard to solving problems. If it wasn't for the 'contract' I would most certainly be moving my business to another company. 

I most certainly will not be recommending NOS... To anybody 

Regarding Fixed telephone line not working

With reference to the above account and the fixed telephone line.  I have been in contact with your company on many occasions regarding this facility not working.  I have been advised to go to the Braga shop, ring you directly etc etc. This has been a continuing situation with yourselves since the begining of May.

I am very dissatisfied with the customer service and lack of help.

The fixed phone line is NOT working and has not been for the last 7 months.

Taking everything into consideration, I wish to follow the formal complaints procedure.

I expect immediate attention to repair and rectify this....

1.  An engineer to look into the matter

2.  Compensation for the inconvenience caused and compensation for the non usable fixed telephone line.

Thanks for your comments Martinho!
Reputação 5
Crachá +1
You can try reaching them again so they can replace the older one I think.

Something like that happened to me in the past. Mine just got wet in the Winter and also started malfunctioning, but when I asked the support they replaced it.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the problem was solved.
See you next time!
The problem was solved, after I found out that the technician who came to our house had added a splitter-hub in the connection between the router and the phone, so as to facilitate the use of a second phone device in the future.

It appeared that the hub was the source of the problem, because when I removed it everything functioned as normal; I will not be able to use 2 phone devices, but at least I can use one...
Reputação 5
Crachá +1
Hello Ignacio,

This is a really bad situation.
I can't see any better solution than calling for the Support Phone Line, even if it got paying taxes while you wait. The best advice I can give you is to avoid the "night-schedule" hours, call on the afternoon or something and the wait should be really lower than the usual.

The line is 16990

I really hope that your problem gets solved!

Comentário