Skip to main content

It seems like I too am joining the list of people that NOS is trying to scam.

I purchased a 4G router last Friday (28-04-2023) from the shop at NOS and signed the contract claiming that I will get 100Mbps. The guy at the shop said they had no way to check the coverage in my address. So I went back home and connected the router and I was only getting 2Mbps! I went to the shop first thing the next morning to return the router and I was told they don’t accept returns of equipment but someone will call me to cancel my contract.

I waited until Monday until I received a call, which was an answering machine that had me listening to music for more than 30 minutes until I couldn’t take it anymore so I pressed the number 8 for them to call me back.

Next day I started receiving calls again, but as soon as I pick up they play some music and then hang up the phone.

I tried calling them and they said they will connect me to someone who speaks English, but after a while they hang up again.

Today (04-05-2023), I tried one more time to call them. This time they managed to connect me to someone who speaks English and he said he needs to connect me to the cancellation department, but there is a waiting time so I can choose either for them to call me back, or wait in line. He seemed very reluctant to connect me but I said I will wait in line. So he connects me and after a few minutes they hang up again.

From what I’m reading in other recent posts, this is quite common practice from NOS:

Can you be a decent company and do the right thing? How do you expect to get customers if you cannot even provide a basic service or be honest?

You claim 100Mbps to trap me into a contract and then you are avoiding my calls to prevent me from cancelling it? How are you still allowed to operate like this?

Please resolve this immediately.

We understand and apologize for the delay, @Alexandros Baramilis

We have reinforced your request with the team that is analyzing it.

Best Regards,

Thank you @Mário P. I’m waiting.

Just writing an update here for potential future readers.

Someone called finally yesterday and asked me to wait on the line until they familiarise themselves with the case, then they passed me to technical support because they need to verify that there is no technical resolution so the cancellation can proceed without charges. The guy picked up from technical support and said someone who speaks better english will call you back. I thought no one will call back and they’re wasting my time again, but someone did call back this time, very friendly and with very good English. We did a speed test to verify the slow speed and he put a report in the system that there is no resolution to this problem and the cancellation can proceed without charges. He asked me to go to the NOS shop and request and sign the cancellation papers and state technical issues as the reason. The last part is essential so you don’t have to pay any penalties. So I did that today and I hope everything is resolved now.

P.S. I don’t think I mentioned it here, but some people from reddit recommended to file a complaint at livroreclamacoes.pt and that they will have 15 days to respond. I did that 12 days ago so I don’t know if that’s why I finally got a response, but it’s probably worth trying if anyone is facing similar issues in the future.

Hello @Alexandros Baramilis,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing this resolution with the community.

We’re glad to ear that this situation was solved in your favor.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with. 

Thank you 

Today I received an SMS and email with a receipt for June for €294.72.

Are you people serious? I was confirmed by three people from NOS that I am cancelling without charges due to technical problems. I got an email that my service was terminated on the 17th of May.

What is this?????

Hello @Alexandros Baramilis,

We’re sorry to ear about this situation.

In order for us to be able to analyze this matter, please send us a private message to the @Fórum profile with your costumer number.

Thank you

Sent.

Comentário