Header
Pergunta

VPN disconnect continuously - How to resolve?

• Kilobyte
  • 5 comentários
hi there,
yesterday only i have taken new Internet, TV, Phone connection. When i connect my Official VPN from my laptop then Port is always closing after every 1 minute.

May i know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Jey

21 Comentários

Reputação 7
Crachá +1
@Jey Does an error message appear?
What kind of internet connection did you get? Mobile?
Have you tried temporarily disable your firewalls (laptop/router)?
Do you have a VPN server installed or just trying to connect through a VPN client?
What kind of internet connection did you get? Mobile?
Have you tried temporarily disable your firewalls (laptop/router)?
Do you have a VPN server installed or just trying to connect through a VPN client?

Thanks for your reply

Im using NOS Wifi internet connection from the NOS Router.
I disabled Firewalls in my laptop
VPN server is already installed, previosuly i use Vodafone HotSpot, that time VPN works perfectly but, after taken NOS internet connection its not working.
To get the VPN Server to work you gonna need to have Port Forwarding configured in the NOS Router. Did you accomplished that? Did you assign a fixed IP to the device where you are running the server?
What about the Router Firewall?
To get the VPN Server to work you gonna need to have Port Forwarding configured in the NOS Router. Did you accomplished that? Did you assign a fixed IP to the device where you are running the server?

Thanks for your reply.
I dont know how to do Port Forwarding?
Yes assigned fixed ip to my vpn server

Thanks for your reply.
I dont know how to do Port Forwarding?
Yes assigned fixed ip to my vpn server

Just now i entetered my router control panel there it was selected as "Typical Security
Inbound Policy: Reject.
Remote Administration settings will override the security inbound policy.
Outbound Policy: Accept."
then now i choose
Minimum Security
Inbound Policy: Accept.
Outbound Policy: Accept.
but, no improvement
Enter your router and go to >serviços > firewall > encaminhamento de portas (in the right side of the panel) (Services > Firewall > Port Forwarding)
Then chose new entry > device to forward to > chose the aplication (any or user defined if not listed) > port to forward to
Press OK. Some seconds later the port will be open.
Enter your router and go to >serviços > firewall > encaminhamento de portas (in the right side of the panel) (Services > Firewall > Port Forwarding)
Then chose new entry > device to forward to > chose the aplication (any or user defined if not listed) > port to forward to
Press OK. Some seconds later the port will be open.

Thanks for your response and sorry about my delay in response.

I did the same like what you said but, still VPN disconnects in 2 minutes.

I think something im doing wrongly, here with i have attached the screenshot of my PortForward, could you please check and let me know what i have to do?

Thanks
Jey
Maybe this article will help you, but it seems to me that this problem is due to the unstable network.

http://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-vpn/vpn.others/what-can-i-do-if-vpn-disconnects-frequently/
Maybe this article will help you, but it seems to me that this problem is due to the unstable network.

http://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-vpn/vpn.others/what-can-i-do-if-vpn-disconnects-frequently/

Haspt thanks for your response. Internet Connection is stable only.. i gone through the link but, i dont find any solution.

Thanks
Jey
Hi @Jey,

I’ve noticed that you’ve chosen one of the predefined options on the router, but I have it for me that it would be better to use a user-defined root instead, you know?
However, what I see as a possible problem is the fact that you have not defined the same port, ie you defined the following routing:
TCP Any> 3389
TCP Any> 259
TCP Any> 7020

1 °) I advise you to define all the routes from and to the same port, like this:
TCP 3389> 3389
TCP 259> 259
TCP 7020> 7020

2) Is it sufficient to forward only the TCP protocol? I advise you to also forward the UDP protocol:
TCP 3389> 3389
UDP 3389> 3389
TCP 259> 259
UDP 259> 259
TCP 7020> 7020
UPP 7020> 7020

And remember, this is just an example based on the ports indicated in your previous comment. Are you sure these are the ports and protocols that your VPN server uses?

Hello. I have connected in a new location in Braga (wi-fi router 5.0 ) to NOS. The previous flat had MEO and the my VPN connection worked fine, but now it's always "frozen" after some time and I need to restart it (on my devices) many times. It makes my work almost impossible. 

Reputação 7
Crachá +2

Hello. I have connected in a new location in Braga (wi-fi router 5.0 ) to NOS. The previous flat had MEO and the my VPN connection worked fine, but now it's always "frozen" after some time and I need to restart it (on my devices) many times. It makes my work almost impossible. 

router v5 v1 or v2?

Router 5.0_v2

My husband tried to talk to 16990 support today. Their answer is - we don't see a problem, so there isn't one. They can't replace the router either. They offered to terminate the contract for penalty, although less than 14 days had passed. Awfully :frowning2:

Reputação 6
Crachá

Hello Anna, Have you tried sending messages to moderators?

Hello Anna, Have you tried sending messages to moderators?

I’ve send message to @Fórum 2 days ago

My husband and I had a long discussion about this situations with our friends yesterday. 

A ChiaHub (aka Gigarouter) has a loss of packets periodically:

This is critical problem for many software that use UDP traffic, like VPN, some videocalls, games, etc. They are waiting for this packet and it is not there. So, freeze. 

And NO it is not a some kind of WiFi/Lan-level problem. This picture from PC connected directly to Gigarouter bridge-mode (4-port).

https://forum.zwame.pt/threads/giga-router-hitron-5-0-v2.1051489/page-52#post-17057546

As far as I understand, it's a chipset problem. 

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Anna Lebedeva,

We’ve replied to your private message. 

Please check your inbox. 

Thank you

Comentário