Header
Respondido

Router 4.0 is using my Windows DHCP server, not the NOS router DHCP

Hello,

Although NOS has agreed there is a problem with my Internet line, they say it is not in the Router. But my Router 4.0 WiFi DHCP server is not giving out addresses to my iPhones, BlackBerrys, or any other device which connects via WiFi.

All WiFi devices are connecting via the Router but going to my Windows network DHCP server to get there IP addresses, which is a little bizarre. Yes, I have a fast 1G Windows network and the systems are pretty fast themselves, but why ignore the Router DHCP server?

I have 2 Apple devices which have connect via the Router and not Windows, which shows it works, but all others are using Windows DHCP.

Without going through a lot of work on the Windows DHCP server to deny specific WiFi devices (which would be really time-consuming), what can I do to have the router stop passing the DHCP Requests to Windows?

Many thanks.
Mark
==
icon

Melhor resposta por Oscar7 19 February 2018, 16:31

Ver pergunta inicial

3 Comentários

Reputação 7
Crachá +2
Have you already try to configure the connections in aminhanet.nos.pt?

Maybe the techical support may help you.
Hello Oscar7,

>> Have you already try to configure the connections in aminhanet.nos.pt?

Yes, but the only things for DHCP are the IP range, start and end, and the subnet mask. And it does work because I do have some devices on the Router range. But new ones go to Windows.

>> Maybe the techical support may help you.

I tried here first, but may have to get them involved. For the moment, they need to fix the line. Brand new installation and the speed changes from minute to minute from 0.1Mbs to 143Mbs, and the upload is all over the map. So, stabilise the line first, then we can do the DHCP.

Ugh. The first NOS I Had, for the first 2 months it was just like this, then settled down and was great for 3+ years. Now, it is deja vu all over again. :)

Many thanks. Have a great day.
Reputação 7
Crachá +5
Hi, @Mark-Allen Perry. :)

@Oscar7 gave a good tip. 🙂 For any technical support you must call us, so we can help you overcome any difficulties that you might have.

Comentário