Header

Complaint about contract Cancellation

I am having a terrible experience with NOS customer support. It’s been 4 months I am trying to cancel a contracT. I had endless calls since March, and yesterday they tell me that in one of the calls I renewed the contract! How ?!! Why would I renew a contract when I returned the router and all the items related to NOS?? They keep charging us invoices for a service we don’t get. This is really very annoying, I have made complaints and asked for help many times and NOBODY is being helpful on this matter! Every single time I talked to customer support I get transferred from one person to another, at the end I talk to one person and I explain the situation, and the answer is we call you back. 

We have signed all the documents that we want to cancel the service, we returned all the items. Just simply cancel the contract!! what is your problem!!

32 Comentários

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Maha M.,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We’re sorry to hear about this situation. We’ll assist you on quickly solving  this matter.

Please send us a private message to the @Fórum profile with your NOS costumer number or taxpayer number. 

Thank you 

Hello João H. 

I have just sent you the NIF number as a private message.

You just cancelled our contract and you are charging us 303 Euros for the “24 months missing period of the contract” !!

Seriously our contract was ending on January 2023, so in 5 months! You decided to renew 2 years contract and then you cancel and charge us 300 euros!!!

We already paid 150 Euros for the past 4 months, despite we have returned your items and weren’t using your service. Seriously fix this ASAP!

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Maha M.,

Thank you for your feedback. 

We’ve received your private message and we’re following up this situation. 

We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding 

OK thank you, I am waiting for your reply.

After 5 days I receive this private message

“We've confirmed that you've changed your contract on the 26th of july. Haven't you received the confirmation?”

so I am asking for the proof that I asked to renew the contract. let’s see what lies you will find for me this time.

I am so disappointed. I have been trying to cancel the contract since March, you renew it without my consent and when I file a complaint you tell me that I indeed changed the contract?? What do you mean? I have been trying to cancel the contract since March!

João H. please advise.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Maha M.,

Thank yu for your feedback.

We’re following up this matter and will reply to your private message as soon as possible.

Hello João H.

It’s been 5 months now since we asked to cancel our contract ending in January 2023. I had high hopes about getting help here on this forum. Whatever I am getting by private message makes no sense, you have forcefully renewed this contract for 2 years without our permission and are asking us money for it. This is beyond abuse and bullying. You will have to pay my lawyer fees and a compensation fee for all bullying, abuse and the waste of time you are making us endure. 

I forgot to mention that 150 new foreign residents moved to the area where I live and are in the same support group that I am a part of. I will submit my comments about my experience with you to advise any of the newcomers not to sign any contract with NOS.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Maha M.,

We’ve received your private message and replied to it. Please check your inbox. 

Thank you

Hello João H. 

You keep telling me to check my private messages and nothing is being resolved there either.

Someone from NOS tried to call me this morning, however they only speak Portuguese. This has been the case for the past 5 months. I am not going to take calls anymore from NOS because my problem have not been solved so far, the opposite, my contract was renewed without my approval in one of these calls.

I will not receive calls from you anymore and I am adding complaints about NOS in Portugal on several platforms who protect the consumers as well as on your reclamation book. I will also add a complaint at Europe level since your are mocking us and trying to steal an EU citizen. You are not honest and if you wanted to resolve this problem you would have solved it right here right now, so you João H.  and Inês B are also not being honest nor are you trying to solve my problem.

I was promised in several calls that I will be able to terminate the contract if I pay the invoices, I have paid 130 Euros after one call and afterwards nobody agreed to cancel my contract.

I was told since May that the contract cannot be terminated. It's only end of July (after I was charged 5 months) that someone told me that I can get a paper from NOS loja and get it signed by my husband to terminate this contract.

I have been lied to since day 1 by all customer support. I don't know if they train you to do this to clients? or you just do it by yourself.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Maha M.,

We’re apologize for this situation. 

Your request regarding the contract termination as been forwarded to the department of NOS that takes care of this matters.

We’ve received your private message and are taking the means necessary to assist you in this situation.

@Maha M. I will assist you in joining whatever EU level complaint you are going to make because this is unacceptable behaviour by a company this large, maybe this is how things are done in Portugal but in the rest of Europe the customer is always right even when they wish to cancel their contract. I can possibly even create a website where we can publicly shame NOS and allow the many others who seem to have this problem to post their issues, NOS should be compensating us for the mental stress and unnecessary billing they continue to do even though you clearly explain to them on multiple mediums that your wish is to stop being their customer.

I will be joining the complaint too. Let me know.

I have the same problem with this scam company. Looking into ways of getting refunds for my time and efforts. The contract that i need to cancel is minimum 6 moths which already passed, but nos is not giving me the termination.

Also the speed of the internet is lower then at Meo

I have the same problem. It looks like this company is a scam. I clearly have chosen a contract with short validity of 6 months to be able to cancel it when i need to. But now they are playing this game. Did anyone find a way to bring this company to legal consequences? If all victims get together we will get our money back, that they overcharged us. Also they should be held responsible for the scam.

I have the same problem, its unbelievable , I have been using different internet providers all around the world but this nos is fighting so hard for the money that they want to steal. I have a contract with short validity, just 6 months which already past but they still try to steal my money and charge for the service that i don’t use.  Horrible company, will never be using them again and will advice my friends as well.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Alex G,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

We’ve moved your comment regarding this matter here for the organization of the Fórum.

Please elaborate this situation in a more detailed way.

Thank you 

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Alex G,

When asked to please elaborate this matter, the objective is to better understand the situation.

So there’s no binding period on your contract and you want to terminate it? 

Did you delivered the cancelation form in any NOS Store, or talked to any NOS department letting know of your intention? 

Please elaborate this matter so we can further assist you.

Thank you 

You are pretending you need some additional informationI, where the situation is super simple.  I canceled in the nos store and it was recorded by an employee into the system. I asked him to give me prove of that cancelation and he said i will get a call. I replied that i don’t need a call (or sales presentation), just need to cancel which is in my right. But he said just wait for the call. Then i knew the whole thing is set up to let me lose time and money, same as all other victims of this scam.

Reputação 7
Crachá +1

You are pretending you need some additional informationI, where the situation is super simple.  I canceled in the nos store and it was recorded by an employee into the system. I asked him to give me prove of that cancelation and he said i will get a call. I replied that i don’t need a call (or sales presentation), just need to cancel which is in my right. But he said just wait for the call. Then i knew the whole thing is set up to let me lose time and money, same as all other victims of this scam.

might me super simple, but its better to explain things properly instead of just tiping giberish. 
From what u say now, they just send a request to the cancelation department so they can call you and present you different options and persuade u.

You need to do as written above by the mod. Fill the cancelation form and deliver it in the store. That is all you need. contract is canceled at the end of the cycle. 

Form: https://www.nos.pt/content/dam/nos/assets/pdfs/NOS_Formulario_denuncia_contrato.pdf

Other way ur just waiting for their call and there is no legal document saying u want to cancel the contract.

um bem haja

Reputação 7
Crachá +1

Also, if u still have a periodo de fidelização, they might charge u that for not fulfilling the contract, so better check first you u have any time let on the contract. If not u migh have to pay a big fine. 

um bem haja 

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Hello @Alex G,

Thank you for your feedback.

@Bruno Aleixo gave a good help clarifying this matter. Alternatively of his suggestion, send us a private message to the @Fórum profile with your NOS costumer Number and preferred contact.

Thank you  

Same problem, month 4, tried online, spoke with many agents, even posted documents but still getting invoice every month. I blocked direct debit to bank. 

There is clearly an effort to scam foreign people , which is in my opinion a racist policy ! 

I request the email address for CEO and also regulator to terminate the contract.   Then I request somewhere to complain about policy designed to scam people who do not speak the language.  

Comentário