Header
Respondido

Cancel contract

I am trying to cancel my contract with NOS due to moving away to a new country. I mentioned this in the shop and later that day i received a call. My portuguese is not great but i can follow a normal conversation. They told me that moving away is not a valid reason to cancell the contract and i should tell them who will move into the house so they can change the contract to their name. I have no idea who the next renter will be and when the landlord will find something, I just want to cancell the contract. How is moving away not a valid reason to cancell the contract???
icon

Melhor resposta por Tiago C. 22 January 2019, 13:12

Ver pergunta inicial

287 Comentários

Hi Nos team,
I have to move back to France for my work asap. With this regards I need to cancel my account with NOS asap (just keeping my telemoveis though). I can't find someone that speaks English on the phone and in the shops I have been told I cannot be helped. I would like to cancel and deliver back the items am currently using however I have no idea how much I am supposed to pay to cancel my contract as well, especially in the case of a work transfer.

Looking forward to hearing backfrom you on this asap.
Reputação 7
Crachá +4
You have to go to a Nos shop and say you want to cancel your contrat, then you have to fill a form they have there.
They will call you on the same day asking why you want to cancel and only then you can deal with them the terms of the cancel.

Other option is if you are registered on the client area you have an option there to send a email to them saying you want to cancel and after that they will call you back.

Regarding the the items you are using the shops are not allowed to acept them, that's why they can't help you. Only after the contrat cancel they will call you back and deal with you the day to go to your house to colect the items.

hope that helps.
Olá, I am still learning portuguese, so I ask to accept my topic in english. I have been a customer of NOS for one year and wanted to cancel my "internet no telemovel" as soon as possible, as I no longer require it. I went to the NOS Loja in Silves and was told that I was registered for cancellation, but I would receive a phone call from someone at NOS and after that phone call, 2 days later, I can pick up the contract and sign it again at the Silves Loja. Someone called me from NOS, but did not speak english and I did not understand his portuguese and he hung up the phone. I went to the Silves Loja, but there was no paperwork there to be signed and the process started over again. Why can't I just sign the cancellation in Silves without having to discuss this on the phone with NOS? This delays the cancellation date and of course NOS profits from this. When I call NOS, I cannot get anyone on the phone who speaks english. Funny, one year ago when I was not yet a customer, everyone at NOS spoke english with me. I have heard from others who seem to have the same problem getting a contract cancelled at NOS. Any assistance I would highly appreciate.
Well, evidently this forum brings very fast results, inside of 30 minutes I received a call from NOS and supposedly everything is solves and I no longer need to go to Silves. Why does complaining seem to work and why can't a system function correctly and not require complaints (at least not these kind)? anyhow, NOS said it is fixed, we will see. Tenha um bom fim de semana!
Reputação 7
Crachá +1
@Steve, i think that most likely it was a coincidence, because here they are not able to help with individual questions. but it's great that your problem is solved! 😃
Reputação 7
Crachá +6
Hi @Armin Schweighofer, welcome to Fórum NOS.

We want to help you but, since it's a question regarding your service, we suggest that you call us. Check the available support lines here.
I have been unsuccessfully trying to call support for 4 months now and I can't get a hold of anyone that speaks english well enought, to help me cancel my subscription. I have called 10 times or more without luck. I'm still getting bills from NOS.

I no longer live in Portugal, so I cannot go to a NOS store.

I want to cancel my contract. Please help.

My customer number is: Cxxxxxx

Best regards
Simon Strandgaard
Reputação 7
Crachá +5
I have been unsuccessfully trying to call support for 4 months now and I can't get a hold of anyone that speaks english well enought, to help me cancel my subscription. I have called 10 times or more without luck. I'm still getting bills from NOS.

My customer number is: C843147023

Best regards
Simon Strandgaard

Good afternoon, if you have your services registered in the Client Area, you can go there to REQUEST / Request termination of your contract.
Do you have a direct link to the page where I can terminate my contract?
Reputação 7
Crachá +5

Best regards
Simon Strandgaard
Good afternoon, if you have your services registered in the Client Area, you can go there to REQUEST / Request termination of your contract.

Or send a letter requesting this address.NOS Comunicações, SA
PO Box 52001
EC Campo Grande
1721-501 LISBON

Best regards
Simon Strandgaard
Or send a letter requesting this address.NOS Comunicações, SA
PO Box 52001
EC Campo Grande
1721-501 LISBON

Sending a physical letter. I can't recall last time I did that. Argh, I'm deeply frustrated about NOS.

I'm worried that the follow up conversation also will be via letters?

Thank you anyways for nothing.
Reputação 7
Crachá +5
@SIMON STRANDGAARD You can use your Client Area to send email. On Orders or Contact Us, you have at your disposal an email form
@SIMON STRANDGAARD You can use your Client Area to send email. On Orders or Contact Us, you have at your disposal an email form

I have now written a message via the email form.

How long time do you think it will take for NOS to respond?

Thank you. Your reply was more helpful this time.
Reputação 7
Crachá +5

I have now written a message via the email form.

How long time do you think it will take for NOS to respond?

Thank you. Your reply was more helpful this time.

There is no certainty, but it may take around 7 business days. In case there is no answer in that time, please send another email.

Hi @Armin Schweighofer and @Tiago C. ,

we have the exact same problem. When we made the contract, in the store they told us if we moved away from Portugal just to provide the flight ticket will be reason enough to cancel the contract without any further payments whatsoever.

Now we had to leave the country and move back - and suddenly it’s not possible anymore, we would have to pay a lot of money and so on. We both have our flight tickets. We have the confirmation of the cancellation of our house - contract and so on.

Everyone is telling us different things, we spent so many hours on the phone with NOS…. It’s really frustrating. There is no Email Adress to state a written cancellation (or complaint!) and so on….

Please get in touch!

Best

Felix

Reputação 7
Crachá +6

Welcome to Fórum NOS @Felix B

We will help you. First, we need your customer number or holder taxpayer number. Please, send us by private message. 

Thank you. 

@Ana P.  I sent you all you asked for in a private message some days ago but never heard back since.

Reputação 7
Crachá +6

Hello @Felix B
We regret the delay in our response :pensive:

We have already responded to your message. 

Thank you. 

I really have to express my dissatisfaction with this service. This has been the most useless Internet Provider I have engaged in recent times. I asked for 2 simple requests - Transfer my service from my old house to my new house, and upgrade this xxxx internet service from 100MBPS to 500 MBPS. 

I have had to visit NOS centres more than 5 times in the last month, and finally getting the transfer and upgrade approved last week. I was given a date, today, as the earliest day the Technician can come to install it. For more than 7 days now, I have not had internet at home, yet you will give me a nonsense bill at the month end. 

I still end up not seeing NOS today. I am tired of this nonsense. Please help me cancel my contract. I am not satisfied with the service I am getting. I WANT OUT!!!

Reputação 7
Crachá +2

You probably have a 2 year contract .. getting out im not sure that will be possible. If you think the bill is wrong call 16990. Any problem with internet also call 16990.

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

@Sadeeq Good evening, so that the moderation of the Forum can intervene in clarifying the situation you are referring to and providing your help, you should send your NOS or TIN number of the service holder to a moderator of the @Tiago C.  Forum by private message.  or @Ana P. 

Reputação 7
Crachá +6

Hi @Sadeeq,

Please send us a private message with your customer number. 

My Customer number is C8xxxxxx. My NIF is 2xxxxxx

I want to cancel my mobile internet contact. Now in my location the store is off. So how can i do this?

Reputação 7
Crachá +5

I want to cancel my mobile internet contact. Now in my location the store is off. So how can i do this?

Good evening, you should send your NOS customer number by private message to the Forum moderator @Ana P so that the moderator can help you in this process.

Comentário